Nominations & Voting
Who do you believe deserves the "Jewish Nobel" Prize? CLICK HERE to vote for the next Genesis Prize Laureate?
The seven individuals on the short list for the 2021 Genesis Prize have been selected from over 4,000 names nominated by more than 45,000 people worldwide are:
- Justice of the United States Supreme Court Elena Kagan (US)
- Actor, producer, director and vocal critic of social media platforms Sacha Baron Cohen (UK)
- Singer and actress Barbra Streisand (US)
- Theologian, author and former Chief Rabbi of the UK Lord Jonathan Sacks (UK)
- Actress, producer and advocate for the empowerment of young women Gal Gadot (Israel)
- Founder of Salesforce, owner of TIME Magazine, and mega-philanthropist Marc Benioff (US)
- Film director, producer and screenwriter Steven Spielberg (US)
The Genesis Prize was launched in 2013 to foster Jewish identity, inspire Jewish pride and strengthen the bond between Israel and the Diaspora. The annual $1 million-dollar award celebrates Jewish talent and achievement by honoring individuals for their professional accomplishments, commitment to Jewish values, and contribution to improving the world.
Since its launch, the Genesis Prize has honored eight exceptional individuals: Michael Bloomberg, Michael Douglas, Itzhak Perlman, Anish Kapoor, Natalie Portman, Robert Kraft, and most recently, Natan Sharansky. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg received the inaugural Genesis Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018.
To learn more about the Genesis Prize, its laureates and the impact they have made in partnership with The Genesis Prize Foundation, please watch this short video: